Thursday, December 17, 2009

Longest. Lull. Ever.

Ultimately, if I really really wanted to never post here again, I would have deleted it. Since I don't want to do that, I am bowing to reality.

I have been thinking about a Music Blog for a long long time, even to the point of considering putting down cash money for a unique URL. But before I lay down cash money, I have to be willing to write.

Two things convince me that I can:

1) I'm working on a Master's Degree in Professional Writing. So I'm kinda laying down cash money already.

2) It's the most useful thing I can think of doing when I'm not working.

So the Notion, my first blog that I got bored with, is now the Place wherein I shall write about music. I will pose many a query here, such as:

  • Why the hell doesn't Magnet update Andrew Earle's column on the website when its the best thing about the Magazine?
  • Why is Andrew Earle's blog so boring?
  • Is my complete indifference to Lady Gaga a sign of my withdrawal from awareness of modern music or my new willingness to stop saying "that was so much better twenty years ago, when it was called __________________. Now get off my lawn."?
  • Why do I suspect Adam Lambert to be a cyborg? And one of the 600 Series, at that?
  • If I listened to Death Cab For Cutie from now until the Second Coming, would I ever care?
Send angry emails to bobama@whitehouse.gov

No comments: