Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dude! The Song "Houses of the Holy" isn't on the Album "Houses of the Holy"

Houses of the Holy isn't the only Zeppelin album I don't have. I don't have any of the ones after Physical Graffiti, either. But HoTH may be the only one I still might want, since III arrived by Amazon yesterday.



My dad had Houses on eight-track; I remember seeing it as a kid. Maybe it was the naked kids on the picture that threw me off. But I'm seriously considering throwing down for it on iTunes.



For that matter, I don't think I've ever seen "The Song Remains the Same." No one can fault the guys in Zeppelin for making a movie about being the biggest band in the world. Otherwise, we'd have to throw out Hard Day's Night, wouldn't we? But I never felt the need to see it. that might mean something, but I suspect it doesn't.



Here's the thing about this band: the first time I ever listened to "She's Crafty" from License to Ill, I knew they were sampling a Zeppelin riff. I didn't know the album or even the name of the song ("The Ocean") until just now. But I knew who it was.



And now I'm debating whether this would be worth owning on vinyl. I shall have to consider the matter most carefully and thoughtfully. In the meantime, You should buy this, even if I haven't.




UPDATE: I went with Amazon MP3. It was totally worth it.

No comments: