Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Third Man is a Fire Hose.

I didn't get the last Dead Weather album, even though I'm a fan of Jack White in general and Alison Mosshart in particular. I did, however, buy their first single on 45 on Record Store Day, and I have dug it on repeated listenings. So when the news comes down the pike that There's a new album, I am both impressed, intrigued, and slightly worried.

Impressed, because White just keeps pumping out the product. This is the lesson Beck learned to climb his way back to relevance: three albums in three years. You're a musician, make music. Keep throwing it out there and the public is bound to like some of it. I concur.

Intrigued, and slightly worried, by the concept and cover art. I do hope that White hasn't decided to go political on us, or if he has, he's going to be slightly more nuanced than musicians usually are. But the Klan-ish imagery suggests he's going to go all Olbermann on us, and then I might have to stop being a fan.






This may not bode well, either.

No comments: